Thursday, March 18, 2010

Week 2- or is it Weak 2???

Yes, I am officially into my second week of the running plan (check the dates, shouldn't that read week 6?)! I finished day two of week two today, and it was my SECOND time running this week! That's a huge improvement to my once weekly agenda I've been keeping! It's been so pretty here that I ran outside, which, I'm not going to lie, is a lot harder than running indoors! I was panting like a dog out there! I did it though, and boy am I glad!

On a side note, I may actually be further ahead in the actual program, but I couldn't figure out how to work the app (there's a slider for the day you're on, so you move it ahead when you are ready), so I did week one day 3 three times... go ahead, shake your head and laugh at me mockingly- I deserve it! :) Mind you, I did have bronchitis last week, too, so I took five days off. I was hacking up a lung, and felt that running was not my best bet! That is still no excuse for not knowing about the slider, though, I know...

Seeing how drama seems to be my middle name, I didn't just come home tonight and celebrate my run with a frosty beverage (because who doesn't drink a good beer after a run???). No, I came home and my husband informed me that our basement FLOODED! No lie. What the hell? We are basement illiterate, so we don't know about sump-pumps and whatnots. The guys who lived here before us never had a leak, so we felt insured! Guess not. Luckily our basement is not finished, but it does house a nation of Barbies and a neighborhood of Groovy Girls that are all soggy and quite upset, I'm sure. So- tomorrow I take a day off with my hubby and we clean our asses off. Maybe if I cleaned more I wouldn't have to run... something to think about!

No comments: