Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hidden Talent

It isn't everyday that you conquer a task that you've been longing to master. Today was that day. No, not for me- for Mairin. I will need to preface a bit for you...

Molly Kate loves television. Yes, I am THAT mom. I indulge my children with a dose of television on a regular basis. Anyway, Molly Kate has a thing for this very strange show called Yo Gabba Gabba. Within the context of the show they do a short segment on hidden talents. Tonight's talent showcased a bizarre man playing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" with his hands only. Mairin, after seeing this crude display of "talent", says, "That is weird."

Now- onto the good part...

Mairin walks into the kitchen, clearly knowing what she wants (as is usually the case with her). She rummages through the utensils until she unearths IT. She shines it a bit, and puts it to her nose. CLANG, it falls to the floor. Again and again, to no avail. Must be the spoon... Three spoons later, still no action. I suggest that we Google "How to stick a spoon to your nose", as I do for every question I cannot answer myself. We did, and of course we found a fine expository piece on this topic accompanied with photos. We followed each step meticulously. Did it work? Well, you can be the judge of that...

1 comment:

Laura said...

woop woop!! look at that talent!!