Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break is a misnomer...

Spring break has come and gone, as it seems to quickly do each year. This year we stayed home to get the house prepped for the big selling... We worked our tails off! Pat painted the bathrooms, the cabinets, changed the hardware, and I decluttered. Having three little kids provides a great deal of clutter. Clutter that I didn't know we had. Clutter that spills from the nooks and crannies of a house. Now we have a house that is cleaner than it's ever been, and I'm wound as tight as ever! We put a sign in the yard on the Friday before Easter, assuming we had time to "finish-up" the things we've still got to finish-up... Guess what! We had TWO showings today (the Thursday after we put that sign in)! Ummm, wait! We're not finished-up!

No worries, though. This house shows really well and I got home in plenty of time to clean. Seeing as we had no flyers or marketing devices at all, I made a quick one at school. Maggie asked, as I was hurrying her to the car, "Why is everyone so stressed-out?" She followed that up with, "Mom, your new name is the Clean Queen." Those who know me can stop laughing now... :)

Sounds like the first family really likes our house. There are always nit-picky things that people say (don't like the half fence, driveway's cracked) that make me want to rebuttle. Selling your house is a touchy thing. They clearly don't know that the half fence keeps the baby in the yard. They didn't get to see Maggie ride her bike around the court for the first time, or Mairin in the Barbie Jeep chasing the neighbor's kids. They've certainly not felt the fear of noticing that Casey's not in the yard anymore, followed quickly by the relief as she comes bounding from across the street. I'm quite sure they couldn't sense the hope and love I felt when I brought our three babies through the door of their "new" home for the first time. Certainly they've not enjoyed the night-lights of the annual Cornhole Classic! There are a lifetime of memories stored here. We just need a bigger house now, one that will hold all of the upcoming memories that life has in store...

No comments: