Friday, July 24, 2009

This never gets old...

I can remember being a little kid and being so excited to take in film to get it developed so I could see what great pics I took. I can also remember the stab of disappointment when the pictures came back too blurry, too far away, or with a finger nicely placed in the foreground... As we got older, I can recall taking many a photo with my girlfriends where one of us took the picture with our arms stretched out in front as far as they'd go. Heather and I ALWAYS did this on trips we'd take. Yes, usually our hair didn't totally make it into the frame.

Nowadays, the fun is taken out of waiting for your film to process. Instead we are given the instant gratification of checking our pictures to see if eyes are closed or if hair fits. One of Mairin's favorite pastimes is to take the camera and shoot away. I have scores of pictures of her favorite Disney shows, our dog, the computer and random household objects. Yes, I also have a trove of self-portraits that she has taken. I laugh out loud each and every time, so I thought I'd share them with you. I'm sure you have a few of your own...












And a "grown-up" version for Heather!

1 comment:

Laura said...

hahaha I have like 3 pics on my phone of Mairin doing the same thing.