Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Volcanos and Hope

Remember how I said it was stressful to sell a house? Boy, I had no clue! Ready to ride the wave of insanity with me?

Last week was nuts... My stepdad got really sick, like gonna die any minute, you must travel south two states sick. So, Wednesday morning I said good-bye to my family (again) and drove to TN with my sister-in-law and my two nephews. While I was doing this, the hubby was busying himself getting the attic packed and cleaning for our reinspection on Friday. His sister graciously helped me pack the downstairs the night prior to my departure, and then took our three ladies for a fun sleepover (good people).

Thursday- stepdad improves by God's grace (and I do mean grace)! Husband continues with house clean/purge/repairs. I do not sleep.

Friday- reinspection does not go well. The buyers walk up without the smiles of excited new home owners, without the cordial greeting one would have when meeting the man who is now living in the home they can't wait to buy. Instead they seem disgruntled, ill-at-ease, and my husband is wondering why they are even in this... The inspector says the work that is done is shotty in some areas, and he is a bit right. They leave without saying good-bye... not a good sign...

Saturday- no word (not good). I drive home and listen to whatever I want on the radio... It's like a sensory smorgasbord, and I cannot decide between news radio, Sirius pop music, or Hair Nation! I love satellite radio!!!! I am filled with new worries as I pull into the driveway... what if it all falls through? Quickly followed by, it can't, they're way too invested!

Sunday- We made it to church on time (seldom happens). I prayed for the Lord to take this over. I feel like a volcano, truly. Like I could just snap at any minute, erupt in anger and stress. Handing things over is not my strong suit. I tend to be a control freak, but I knew that this was important for my health. So I gave it up to Him. Whatever was His will, I asked to accept it. After church we drove by our new house and there was a SOLD sign in the yard! Ahhh, some closure. Surely we would get this done!

The husband golfed that afternoon and the girls and I swam and enjoyed the summer sun. I sat down to watch Food Network and make a list of things to do for the week ahead when the husband came home. He was strangely vacant, finding things to busy himself instead of greeting me with a kiss and telling me about his golf game. Then he told me- "We lost our buyers today." BOOM- volcanic ash all over my living room! Not pretty! We talked, I cried, we drank, I cried, then I remembered that this is no longer mine. I gave it up earlier that day. I cried anyway...

You still with me? It gets better, I promise!

Monday- I was a zombie. You know how when you break a bone and have to tell the story to EVERYONE you see, repeatedly, hour after hour? I was not looking forward to that, so I just stayed inside and busied myself with kitchen tasks. Laura came over and helped tremendously. We cleaned the fridge, freezer, baked. It was good. I felt MUCH better, peaceful almost! Not my problem, right? Hubby was out golfing (big surprise, I know).

We went to the neighbor's for dinner and to hang. The husband comes rushing over around six, "We have a showing in an hour... gotta get cleaning!" UGH- wasn't ready for day one to start so fast... Long story short, (ok, not really), we had an offer on the table at 9! Seriously! What a rollercoaster.

It's still early, but things feel right this time. Maybe because I have no control of it, and I'm ok with that. Maybe all this HAD to transpire, so we could remember who is in charge... I just hope He likes this group and that we can move now... I'll let you know... :)

No comments: